Re: MNT Reform2 USB LCP flash

    Date:        Fri, 26 Jan 2024 09:26:38 -0000 (UTC)
    From:        mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)

  | Fortunately the drive geometry isn't really used anywhere. All
  | accesses just use the logical block addresses.

I have been meaning to suggest for ages that we remove all the
geometry nonsense from everywhere in the kernel, except those
drivers that actually need it - those should be responsible for
converting block numbers to CHS in a way that works for thej,
if they really need it (ancient ide drives before LBA addressing,
vax massbus drives, sun xd drives ... anything like that which
almost no-one has seen in decades).

It is just bizarre to see ssd and even nvme 'drives' claiming
to have cylinders and heads!

kre