Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

On Mon, 2023-12-25 00:26:34 +0100, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:
> But I think the suggestion that the time adjustment might actually be a
> source of the problem is interesting, and should be investigated. It just
> takes so bloody long to do a full build these days. I still haven't
> finished, and can't start chasing this quite yet.

The /60 finished installation; upon its first boot from local PiSCSI
"disk", I found:

[   1.0672720] WARNING: lwp 30 (system rt_timer) flags 0x20000000: timecounter went backwards from (1 + 0x36821f2990edf767/2^6d

(cut off as I didn't have linewrap or logging active in `minicom`.)

Didn't notice that with the slightly older image, but maybe it's only
happening rarely. Waiting for it to fully come up (-> activated `ssh`,
so it's generating host keys...) Will then give it a time and let it
run idle over the day and loaded over night. (And maybe give that
older image a few boots to see whether or not I can the a "timecounter
went backwards" message from it...)

MfG, JBG