Re: how do I preset ddb's LINES to zero

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 11:19:39 -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I've the stock 10.0 boot.iso booting within a KVM based test
> framework.  I'd like to set things up so that should there be a panic,
> it dumps registers et.al., without stopping half way waiting for
> someone to hit the space bar vis:
>
> r9          ffffaf80b451d080
> r10         8000000001d9a063
> r11         0
> r12         0
> --db_more--
>
> Is there a way to stop this without having to rebuild the kernel.

If the kernel is already there, you can't avoid that prompt without
*some* interaction.  I don't think you can tweak this from boot.cfg

There's probably no good default for db_more prompt, as there are
situations where someone wants it on and someone off.  May be we
should make that into a boot argument, so that if a script talks to
the console, it can issue the corresponding boot command at a well
defined time instead of doing expect-like things?  Or may be force the
paging off for db_cmd_on_enter.

PS: xen console seems to forcibly override db_max_line to avoid paging
prompt.

-uwe