Re: PVH boot with qemu

Hi Manuel,

On Mon, 11 Dec 2023, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

#ifndef GENPVH
	/* get a page for HYPERVISOR_shared_info */
	addl	$PAGE_SIZE, %ebx
	addl	$PGOFSET,%ebx
	andl	$~PGOFSET,%ebx
	movl	$RELOC(HYPERVISOR_shared_info_pa),%ebp
	movl	%ebx,(%ebp)
	movl	$0,4(%ebp)
#endif

How can this work on Xen when GENPVH is defined ?
Shouldn't this be made conditional on vm_guest == VM_GUEST_XENPVH ?

Well the point is that you don't define GENPVH when using Xen, PVH using
qemu and friends don't need HYPERVISOR_shared_info neither any of the
hypercall portion of the code. A big chunk of Xen related code is
ifndef'ed to GENPVH in hypervisor.c; And I was planning on isolating GENPVH
so there's as little ifdef's as possible.

Or would you prefer the same kernel to be able to boot in both XENPVH and
GENPVH modes? I am focusing on making the resulting kernel smaller but this
could be done also.

Emile `iMil' Heitor <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org}> | https://imil.net