Re: CVS commit: src

    Date:        Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:07:39 +0000
    From:        "Greg Oster" <oster%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | Implement hot removal of spares and components.  From manu@.
  |
  | Implement a long desired feature of automatically incorporating
  | a used spare into the array after a reconstruct.

I haven't looked at the changes, but is/was there anything in there
(or one of the other recent changes) which allows for spares to remain
as spares in autoconfigured raid sets after a reboot ?   That is, to be
recorded in the filesystem (mostly empty for a spare I assume) that it
is one, and be detected at boot time.

Also, pie in the sky request - any ability for a spare to be able to
function as a spare for multiple different raid sets (ones with components
of at least a similar size I'd presume, but as long as the spare is big
enough, it shouldn't matter if some raid sets use smaller components) ?

kre