Re: DRM/KMS: vmwgfx driver is now available

On 7/16/23 01:24, Robert Swindells wrote:

PHO <pho%cielonegro.org@localhost> wrote:
I've been working on vmwgfx driver, a driver for VMware virtualized GPU.
It was partly ported to NetBSD but wasn't buildable, and now it builds
and actually works. (Thank you riastradh@, your prior work helped
tremendously. I don't think I could do this without it.)

[snip]

Note that you need to update your pkgsrc tree to try the driver, as I
fixed a few things that needed fixing. Also the base X.org is not
capable of making use of the driver because its Mesa is built without
libxatracker. You need the modular one from pkgsrc.

Which bits of Mesa does it need apart from xa?

Only this change:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2023/07/14/msg278732.html