Re: kernel goes dark on boot

On Fri, Apr 07, 2023 at 12:05:27PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 05:08:34PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > I wonder if tuning EFI_ALLOCATE_MAX_ADDRESS in
> > src/sys/arch/i386/stand/efiboot/Makefile.efiboot would be enough.
>
> No success. Here is my conclusions so far:

Just to be sure: you did rebuild and update bootx64.efi afterwards?
(Not accidently only the kernel)

This change (at least in my minimal understanding of that code) would
make the bootloader reserve more address space for allocations, so the
kernel would not overflow that area.

It may require the bootloader itself to move out of the way (which I think
it does, but I'm not 100% sure the allocation limit change is the only
change needed).

Martin