Re: Potential Improvements on Lua Support?

    Date:        Wed, 1 Mar 2023 12:44:08 -0600
    From:        Qingyao Sun <sunqingyao19970825%icloud.com@localhost>

  | Also I am using the @icloud address hereafter as per kreâ??s preference.

It is not so much preference, as that you simply would never receive a
reply from me at a gmail address, so it is pointless me ever bothering
to generate one.   That would make any kind of mentoring kind of difficult.

  | It just came to me that we can do in-kernel machine learning

I suspect it is way too early to be making any decisions about implementation
techniques - first (assuming suitable mentors are available) we need
objectives, to know what the end result should be capable of.

  | That sounds interesting as well. Many ARM chips seem to have that
  | big.LITTLE technology, including Apple Silicon.

The x86 processor I am using to generate this mail is like that as well.
Ignoring hyperthreading (which half the cores can do), it has at least 3
different capabilities of cores (I'd need to go check more doc to see if
there might be more than that) - and the difference isn't trivial.

Hence my interest in that one in particular, but I also care about I/O
performance, which doesn't seem to be quite optimal at the minute.

  | Thanks for your help! Let's wait for some Lua wizard to jump in then.

Yes, though wizardry is probably not required, just knowledge.

kre