Re: crash in timerfd building pandoc / ghc94 related

PHO <pho%cielonegro.org@localhost> writes:

> On 2/6/23 5:27 PM, Nikita Ronja Gillmann wrote:
>> I encountered this on some version of 10.99.2 and last night again on
>> 10.99.2 from Friday morning.
>> This is an obvious blocker for me for making 9.4.4 the default.
>> I propose to either revert to the last version or make the default GHC
>> version setable.
>
> I wish I could do the latter, but unfortunately not all Haskell
> packages are buildable with 2 major versions of GHC at the same time
> (most are, but there are a few exceptions).
>
> Alternatively, I think I can patch GHC 9.4 so that it won't use
> timerfd. It appears to be an optional feature after all; if its
> ./configure doesn't find timerfd it won't use it. Let me try that.

If it's possible to only do this on NetBSD 10.99, that would be good.
It seems so far, from not really paying attention, that there is nothing
wrong with ghc but that there is a bug in the kernel.   It would also
be good to get a reproduction recipe without haskell.