Re: kernel goes dark on boot

> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 08:30:20 +0000
> From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost>
>
> An interesting problem on an all-in-one HP PC. Booting
> NetBSD-10.0_BETA/amd64 (or prior versions) works fine until the
> kernel starts displaying its messages. At that point the screen
> turns dark.

Do you have serial console, or can you ssh in, or can you type
blindly?  Can you get dmesg out that way?

If not, can you reboot (without full poweroff), enter userconf,
disable i915drmkms, disable radeon, disable nouveau, and get dmesg
from the previous boot?

> If the kernel tries to select mode 1-3, that would explain the dark
> screen. Is it a possible behavior? How can I change it?

More likely something about the drm driver is hosed.