Re: uhidev1 BMC Virtual Keyboard via HP iLO

cirr%sdf.org@localhost ("Stephen M. Jones") writes:

>While it partially works, shift/shift lock key and sometimes space bar =
>does
>not seem to work properly.

Can you be specific in how it does not work properly?

>[ 11434.0227330] ukbd0 at uhidev0
>[ 11434.4428808] ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons

>login: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

This looks fine.

>for constty I've tried a couple of different settings in /etc/ttys other =
>than wsvt25 thinking that
>may help (such as pc or vt100).

The value in /etc/ttys sets the TERM value which controls how programs
should interact with the terminal. This is already above anything
related to keyboard layout and key codes.

If you want to debug this, it is necessary to look at the lower levels,
the wskbd keymapping and even the USB stack. This is difficult if
this is the console, but you could configure the system to use
a serial console instead.