Re: Deadlock (maybe related to PR kern/56925)

On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 03:39:55PM +0100, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
> > you need to build the module and install it.
> >
> > http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/iscsi.kmod is built
> > for a GENERIC netbsd-9 amd64 kernel and might be sufficient.
>
> 	Patched and system is rebooted.
>
> 	I don't understand how modules really work. For example :
> legendre# modstat | grep iscsi
> iscsi                      driver   builtin  -        0       - -
>
> 	If I understand, this module is loaded from kernel, not from
> filesystem. Thus, i have rebuilt whole kernel. How can I force kernel to
> switch to a module in /stand tree ?

That depends on how you built the kernel. If you include the module
in the kernel build it's "builtin" and cannot be loaded.

In this case you need to build the kernel (not modules) and install it.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost