Re: Hunting kernel lock and interrupt latency

> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 09:13:06 -0800
> From: bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost>
>
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 03:31 Taylor R Campbell <
> campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> > > Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 10:06:19 +0000
> > > From: nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost>
> > >
> > > This is neat, thanks for the work. Do we need a kernel
> > > compiled with any specific options to make the DTrace
> > > probes active?
> >
> > Just `options KDTRACE_HOOKS', which is on by default in x86 and arm
>
> Is not MKDTRACE a consideration?

Yes, you need a build with MKDTRACE=yes MKCTF=yes in order to have the
dtrace(1) tool, the dtrace.kmod and dtrace_*.kmod kernel modules, and
ctf data in the build.

This is all on by default on x86 and arm, and has been on arm since
9.0 and on x86 since whatever release happened in 2016.