Re: Can't mount root partition after rebuilding kernel with DKWEDGE_METHOD_MBR

This isn't really a tech-kern question, but never mind.

You shouldn't need wedges at all, and I'd advise against trying
to force them to work (it is probably possible, but far more work
than you need to do).

	disklabel wd0

On NetBSD systems, when GPT isn't used, there is *always* an in-kernel
disklabel.   When there's a disklabel on the disc, the in kernel label
is just a cached copy.   When there's an MBR but no disklabel, the MBR
is converted into disklabel format for the kernel to use (MBRs contain
a subset of what a disklabel contains, including everything important).
When there's no label of any kind, a suitable one will be synthesised.

The output from that should show one of the partitions as an ext2 type
partition.

Then (assuming that happens to be partition 'e') just do

	mount -t ext2fs /dev/wd0e /mnt

(adopted as needed to your requirements, add -r for a readonly
mount, and of course, /mnt should be wherever you want it to appear).

Unfortunately even though "since ext2 is supported by NBSD" is supposed
to be true, I have come across (recent) ext2 filesystems that cannot be
handled.

kre