Re: debugging a kernel that doesn't start

> Have you tried booting a custom kernel with some drivers removed?
No. I wouldn't know which drivers to remove.
The problem is the Kernel utters absolutely nothing, so it must hang very,
very early.

> have you tried an uncompressed one?
No, but I guess the official install image (on a USB key) is supposed to
work as-is, no?

> The simplest way to debug something is using a serial port, do you have
> access to the one on this machine?
Yes, there is one. It seems to sort-of mirror the on-screen messages up to
the point the NetBSD boot runs. I tried
	consdev com0,9600
from the boot prompt but that hung the machine.