Re: mfii(4) and Dell PERC

On 8/08/22 21:37, Edgar Fuß wrote:
Does anyone use a Dell PERC H730P or similar RAID controller in RAID mode?

I have several NetBSD systems with PERC H730P's

mfii(4) says all configuration is done via the controller's BIOS.
Does that mean I need to shut down in case a drive fails an I need to rebuild?

no.
on my systems powerd will notify me of a state change on the disk array, then I can use bioctl to see the current state. I can then hot swap the faulty disk and the array will automatically start rebuilding.

Can I monitor the RAID state?

yes.

green-mountain# bioctl mfii0 show
Volume Status       Size         Device/Label    Level Stripe
     0 Online       2.6T                        RAID 5    64K
0:0 Online 894G 1:0.0 noencl <SAMSUNG MZILT960HAHQ0D3 DSF8> 0:1 Online 894G 1:1.0 noencl <SAMSUNG MZILT960HAHQ0D3 DSF8> 0:2 Online 894G 1:2.0 noencl <SAMSUNG MZILT960HAHQ0D3 DSF8> 0:3 Online 894G 1:3.0 noencl <SAMSUNG MZILT960HAHQ0D3 DSF8>

Can I monitor the BBU Battery health?

yes

green-mountain# envstat -d mfii0
                         Current  CritMax  WarnMax  WarnMin  CritMin  Unit
      mfii0 BBU state:      TRUE
    mfii0 BBU voltage:     3.885                                         V
    mfii0 BBU current:     0.000                                         A
mfii0 BBU temperature:    26.000                                      degC
              mfii0:0:    online

cheers
mark