Re: mfii(4) and Dell PERC

On 2022/08/08 18:37, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> I'm unsure whether this is the right list, is port-amd64 more appropriate?
>
> Does anyone use a Dell PERC H730P or similar RAID controller in RAID mode?

It seems PERC H730P's device ID is 0x005d.

	https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1000/005d

It's the Invader series. I have Fujitsu PRAID EP400i. It's also Invader.
It works with one of my machines, but it doesn't guarantee that
your machine with PERC H730P works. Some people reported that kern/56669
(and perhaps kern/55192) still exist on some systems :-(

> mfii(4) says all configuration is done via the controller's BIOS.
> Does that mean I need to shut down in case a drive fails an I need to rebuild?
>
> Can I monitor the RAID state?

bioctl mfi(i)X show

> Can I monitor the BBU Battery health?

Maybe. If your machine's battery_type is 1, 2, 5 or 6, you can do by envstat(8).

#define MFI_BBU_TYPE_IBBU       1
#define MFI_BBU_TYPE_BBU        2
#define MFI_BBU_TYPE_IBBU09     5
#define MFI_BBU_TYPE_CVPM02     6

If your system has other number, please let me know.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)