Re: Anyone recall the dreaded tstile issue?

One other thing of note.

I just now looked at the record I captured of the last hang.  I looked
for other processes waiting on puffsrpl, on the theory that if there
are two unexpected such, there may be others.

There are:

557      1 3   0        84           d2251500        mailwrapper puffsrpl
3985     1 3   1        84           d1c3ba80          bozohttpd puffsrpl
19816    1 3   0        84           d23d9360              smtpd puffsrpl
557      1 3   0        84           d2251500        mailwrapper puffsrpl
3985     1 3   1        84           d1c3ba80          bozohttpd puffsrpl
23619    1 3   1        84           d68ef080          bozohttpd puffsrpl
3698     1 3   0        84           d2eafca0                 as puffsrpl
23176    1 3   1        84           d1f3b7e0                git puffsrpl
7871     1 3   1        84           d1e382a0          bozohttpd puffsrpl

bozohttpd, those do not surprise me.  At least half the hits I get
these days are fetching from the puffs mount (it's
/export/ftp/pub/mouse/git-unpacked; /export/ftp is also the root
directory used by bozohttpd.)

The git and one of the mailwrappers were at the end of the tstile wait
chains I found.  That leaves the other mailwrapper, the smtpd, and the
as.

None of those five would I expect to be going anywhere near the puffs
mount point.  That an as is running does not surprise me; I had a
build-of-the-world going when this happened.  But it shouldn't've been
touching anything outside of /usr/src, the build-into directories, and
/tmp (or moral equivalent - /usr/tmp, or /var/tmp, or some such).

I'm going to have to get stack traces next hang.  I've now set up a
dump partition, so I have a fighting chance of getting a kernel dump.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign