Re: libsa and 4K devices

nick.hudson%gmx.co.uk@localhost (Nick Hudson) writes:

>To enable efiboot to work from Apple M1 nvme I had to apply this diff so
>that libsa picks up the fs_fshift based FFS_FSBTODB.

>Is this correct or does it mean the FS has an incorrect fs_fsbtodb? (and
>there's a bug in mkfs somewhere)

The bug is probably in the arm efi code.

The NetBSD kernel once changed how to use disk addresses by making
device drivers work with DEV_BSIZE units.

Everything else, userland and standalone code, accesses disks in
sector size units and needs to use the traditional definition in
the #else part.

The filesystem image stores the factor between filesystem blocks (frags)
and physical disk blocks in the superblock. Traditional code needs this
information, the NetBSD kernel ignores it.

You can use to 'dumpfs -s' to look at the numbers.