Re: framebuffer refresh rate and geometry

manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:

>When the kernel initialize a framebuffer, the signal ouput changes a bit
>fro mwhat is inherited from the BIOS. I face the situation where the
>display looses the signal, and I suspect this is related to the refresh
>rate.

BIOS usually sets fixed VESA modes.
The DRM code usually sets a mode derived from EDID data sent by the monitor.

With X11 you can use xrandr to select modes provided by the driver
(usally derived from EDID data) and also add custom modes if the
driver supports these.

I rather doubt that a black display comes from the refresh rate.

N.B. if the display driver provides EDID data to wscons it can be
queried with

wsconsctl -d edid