Re: pcc [was Re: valgrind]

Den 2022-03-23 kl. 19:37, skrev Greg A. Woods:
At Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:47:55 +0000, "Koning, Paul" <Paul.Koning%dell.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: pcc [was Re: valgrind]

Out of curiosity: how does PCC code quality compare with that of
GCC and (for targets that it supports) Clang?
Heh.  I would say PCC's generated code doesn't compare to either modern
GCC or LLVM/Clang's output.

I would say the main reason is PCC doesn't (as far as I know) employ
any "Undefined Behaviour" caveat to optimize code, for example.

I'll let the reader decide which might have the "higher" quality.
I would really want to know what you base these three statements on?

-- R