Re: valgrind

>> Perhaps I just need a better approach....

> I know you've previously expressed a lack of interest in such things
> when we've talked previously, but I've found the built-in sanitizers
> in modern GCC useful for approximating the functionality of valgrind
> on NetBSD.

To some extent, perhaps.

But it's less a lack of interest and more an unwillingness to ignore
the licensing issues.  `Modern' GCC is licensed under the GPLv3.  I
have tried twice to understand that license and people tell me I've
still missed major pieces.  If I have to hire a lawyer to figure out
the license, it's not suitable for my purposes - in my opinion not
suitable for any open-source work, actually - no matter what it turns
out to permit.

(As this implies, my experience with valgrind has, of course, been
entirely at work.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign