VirtIO MMIO for amd64

I've been working on a NetBSD-based unikernel and trying to make it compatible with the Firecracker VMM. Seeing as Firecracker only supports the MMIO transport method for VirtIO, I wanted to implement MMIO support for my unikernel.

I've seen that newer versions of NetBSD than what my source code was using have code for MMIO and specifically that Virtio MMIO support was implemented for ARM in NetBSD 9.0. So, what I want to ask is there similar support for amd64 also and if not are there some basics I could imitate from how it was implemented for ARM to get it working for amd64 also? Alternatively, is there any reading material you can suggest that explains how the device system works in NetBSD, so that I might possibly understand what changes would be needed by myself?

--
George Gkanas