Re: Memory corruption after fork, only on AMD CPUs

coypu%sdf.org@localhost writes:

> There appears to be a memory corruption bug that only happens on AMD
> CPUs running NetBSD (or OpenBSD). The same code doesn't fail on Intel.
> This affects Go and they've made some bug reports investigating it[1][2].
>
> People have narrowed it down to this simple Go reproducer
> (install lang/go117 to run it).

This is probably unrelated, but I've been running sncthingy for a long
time with no issues.   syncthing built with go117 crashes at startup on an
early 2011 Macbook Pro, and the same syncthing built with go116 works
fine.  However, this system has an Intel CPU:
  Processor Name:		Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:		2.2 GHz
  Number of Processors:		1
  Total Number of Cores:	4