Re: how to debug suspend/resume crash

> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:58:33 +0000
> From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost>
>
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 02:25:44PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> > Is that message `failed to power down', or what?
>
> dmesg says:
> apci0: entering state S3
> Device without power management support: ihidev0
> acpi0: autoconfiguration error: aborting suspend

That's weird, because ihidev(4) has done pmf_device_register since it
was committed in 2017 -- at least, if it attaches properly.  Maybe
something went wrong with attaching it in the first place?

(That said, I see various locking issues by code inspection in
ihidev(4).  So I wouldn't be surprised if something is going wrong
with it -- although not at the time of suspend/resume judging by the
message you saw.  Unfortunately I don't have any hardware to mess with
it and test fixes for it.)

Anyway, try disabling it with userconf at boot rather than with drvct,
and see if you can get anywhere with the other suggestions.