Re: Representing a rotary encoder input device

thorpej%me.com@localhost (Jason Thorpe) writes:

>Trying to think about the best way to represent such a device, I guess =
>within wscons (they almost seem sort of like a 1-axis mouse, but I could =
>be convinced otherwise).

You can make it a HID, because that's what it is.

Currently we only expose USB hid devices and sys/dev/hid is not much
more than a framework to support these. This would need to be extended
to a real abstraction (and uhidev might then be just a subclass).

If someone then wants to use this input device for console, you can
easily attach a wsmouse to it.