Re: Overhaul of I2C and SPI device autoconfiguration

> On Sep 12, 2021, at 6:16 PM, David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 03:43:24PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>> The basic idea involves the device call mechanism I introduced a while ago.
>
> You still haven't explained why that needs to be untyped and based on
> uncheckable string constants.

I proposed something for type checking.  However, there is an engineering trade-off disagreement about the requirement to reference symbols.

In any case, I consider that to be an implementation detail that is unrelated to the meat of this discussion.

-- thorpej