Autoconfigured RAIDframe raid* numbering

If I have a number of autoconfigured RAIDframe sets on one machine, is there
any guarantee which raid* number a set gets assigned? Is that numbering
stable even if I remove one set (in the sense of physically un-plugging the
drives) so the components will get different sd* numbers?

I had raid0 (-A soft) for the system and raid1 (-A yes) for data. I added
raid2 (also -A soft), transfererred everything (volatile data in single user
mode) and then booted (single user, to be safe) off one of the new components.
To my surprise, the raid* numbering was exactly like before, i.e. my root was
now on raid2a.

Additinally, I got
	WARNING: findroot: double match for boot device (sd4, sd5)
(where sd4a/5a are raid2's components) before
	boot device: raid2
	root on raid2a dumps on raid2b
What does that mean?