Re: VOP_STRATEGY for devices and pipes

On Wed 14 Jul 2021 at 21:14:16 -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Seems to me the best/safest thing to do for now would be to prohibit
> the extended-attr on devices and fifos.

If I have a normal file system, and in a directory is an entry with an
inode for a fifo (or a device), and I set an extended attribute on that
inode, then surely it will get stored in the file system, and not in the
fifo (or device)?

So if the fifo (or device) code gets involved in this, then the bug is
there, I'd think?

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto