Re: Kernel 9.1 panic with azalia

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 08:47:30PM +0000, RVP wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2021, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
>
> >The new kernel panics at boot time with azalia (it is not crucial since
> >it is a server and I have no use with it but I have added the support
> >since it's here and 7.1.1 has no problem with it).
> >

> You must've compiled a custom kernel. 9.1 GENERIC has the `azalia'
> driver commented out; hdaudio(4) is used instead. Try the same.

Sure. But if azalia is not supported anymore because it crashes the
kernel, shouldn't it be removed and not simply be commented out? (To
give some context, when I build a new kernel, I just adjust the
previous config for things that have been removed or changed, so
I'm mainly diffing GENERIC to GENERIC to see changes, while my
configs are not GENERIC---I remove support for whatever hardware is
not here or whatever filesystems the node will not use ever, for
example).

Thanks for the tip though.

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/