Re: Introduction to posix_spawn/chdir

On Jun 25, 2021, at 8:33 AM, Piyush Sachdeva <piyushsachdeva245%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> In the matter of organising my repository (pointed out by Christos Zoulas),
> I have mirrored The NetBSD source in my github repository as a separate branch.
> However, I am using a main branch as a staging area for the TNF mirror,
> and will make commits to it once I can build the kernel and pass initial tests.
> I hope this is alright.
> https://github.com/cosmologistPiyush/posix_spawn-chdir

Instead of using a staging branch that only contains your code, and a separate branch with NetBSD source, it’d be best to have your changes _on top of_ the NetBSD source. That makes it easiest to actually see what your changes are relative to mainline. Right now one had to check out your changes to some separate directory and use tools to compare the files, instead of checking out your changes and doing `git diff netbsd-9` (or whatever your branch is based on).

  — Chris