Re: 9.1: boot-time delay? [WORKAROUND FOUND]

> A tick is not a duration.  A tick is a specific event at a specific
> time.  It has no duration.  You have a duration between two ticks.

At least as I use it and have heard it used, `tick' can also be used to
refer to the interval between two of those events.  "How long are timer
ticks on this hardware?" or "For the next few ticks, we crunch on
this...".

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign