Re: Expected behavior when returning from a SIGFPE handler

> On May 27, 2021, at 3:35 AM, Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-tech-kern%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> The default exception handling defined in IEEE 754-2019 precisely
> defines what the results of the operation should be, so there's no
> semantic ambiguity about what the program should observe when it
> proceeds on return from the signal handler.

Hm, I guess this means that I really need to do software-completion for DZE faults, as well, even if SWC was not explicitly requested for it (we already do that for INV faults to handle QNaNs).  Otherwise, I’m going to be stuck with UNPREDICTABLE as the result, and that’s not great.

-- thorpej