Re: 9.1: boot-time delay? [WORKAROUND FOUND]

On 2021-05-26 12:59, Mouse wrote:
I don't fully understand the discussion here.

Initially people claimed that HZ at 8000 would be a problem,

Well, my experience indicates that it _is_ a problem, at least when
using disks at piixide (or pciide).

Right. But not for the reason suggested. But obviously there is some kind of a problem somewhere.

which for me seems a bit backwards.

Me too.  I was - am - rather puzzled by it.

Right. That was my issue. Claiming that you'd get more problems with rounding and issues with coarsness when running at a higher frequency, when it in fact is the exact opposite. With a higher frequency you have more accuracy and less errors from truncations.

Anyway, I have no idea what the actual problem is. Good luck with that part.

  Johnny