Re: 9.1: boot-time delay? [WORKAROUND FOUND]

>>> I suppose it's not possible to configure ahcisata in the BIOS on
>>> the long-delay machines?
>> I would not have thought to look for that; I would not have expected
>> piixide and ahcisata to be similar enough that a BIOS setting could
>> personality-swap between them.
> IIRC, they are not really that similar.  But the dmesg excerpt you
> cited had piixide at *Intel 6 Series Serial ATA Controller*.  So,
> clearly, the device had to support ahci mode.  Well, "clearly" for
> those in the know.

Indeed!

Still, I wouldn't've thought to look for it because I wasn't aware
there was *any* hardware that could personality-flip like that.  For
someone familiar with that hardware, or with other hardware that can
do it, it'd be a reasonable thing - I guess those are your "those in
the know"!

Which didn't include me.  At least until now. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign