Re: 9.1: boot-time delay?

On Tue 18 May 2021 at 15:40:05 -0400, Mouse wrote:
> This leads me to the depressing conclusion that it is probably one of
> the video drivers, which are not optional for the operational kernel.

I was going to suggest that even before reading this mail. I noticed in
my new machine that with an nVidia card there was a pause similar to
what you described. It went away when I put in a Radeon card instead.
The nVidia was also not-quite-functional, so I wanted to get rid of it
anyway.

-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl