Re: Reparenting processes?

>> This makes me wonder if perhaps login sessions should have their
>> stdin/stdout/stderr set up on /dev/tty instead of the actual ctty
>> device.  But if that's done, will the `real' ctty device even be
>> open?  [...]
> Interesting.  Need to think about that...

All I've come up with so far is that maybe a session should hold an
open on its ctty.  It would address this issue, but would it produce
others?  None come to mind offhand, but then, I didn't think of the
file descriptor issues until I got halfway through implementing
reparenting....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign