Re: Issues with intelfb(4) and USB keyboards

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020, Brian Buhrow wrote:

hello.  Below is the output of edid-decode against the data I
extracted using your wsedid program.

So, a valid EDID is present after all. This begins to look like
a DRMKMS issue. I'll try to look into this, but, we will need
a kernel guru for this sooner or later.

Try:

1. genfb/wsfb.

2. Since you have EDID and modelines, try running X blind with
   the "intel" display driver. This config fragment alone usually
   suffices:

   $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/intel.conf
   Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Card0"
       Driver      "intel"
       # Option      "AccelMethod" "UXA"
       Option      "TearFree"    "on"
       Option      "VSync"       "on"
       Option      "PageFlip"    "on"
       Option      "SwapbuffersWait"   "on"
       Option      "TripleBuffer"      "on"
       Option      "LinearFramebuffer" "on"
   EndSection
   $

   Explicitly supply a modeline and a full config file if the "intel"
   X driver fails to read the EDID.

   Run a compositor if you have visual glitches:
   https://wiki.netbsd.org/laptops/

3. Output of this command:

   $ sysctl machdep.dmi

4. Compile a new GENERIC kernel with `.load_detect_test = 1'
   (file: /usr/src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/i915/i915_params.c)

-RVP