Re: Funded project(s) to improve Linux emulation

Martin Husemann <martin%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>The NetBSD core team is looking at finding volunteers or funded workers
>willing to help improve our linux emulation. We have an offer from
>Precedence Technologies to co-fund some of this developement, especially
>the Citrix sub-projects.
>
>The tasks we are looking for takers are:
>
> - Improve compat linux on arm

Does it work at all ?

Linux on arm makes use of a page mapped at the top of the 32-bit address
space containing some "helper" functions to do things like get thread
local storage.

I had a go at adding a pmap_helper() for Linux processes but didn't get
it to work.

> - Extend support for the Citrix Workspace App to some arm platform(s).

Is this still arm or is there a requirement to be able to run an aarch64
application ?

> - Add support for linux drm (DRI kernel support) for the version of DRI
>   we support natively by the time this project runs.

Think we would want newer DRI kernel code to be able to use the Linux
drivers for ARM GPUs, the Mali code makes use of the dri scheduler which
isn't in our tree.