Re: bounty for virtio 1.0 (now with instructions!)

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 01:28:44PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to offer a bounty for anyone who is interested in working on
> VirtIO 1.0 support. It's a well-documented, simple interface.
>
> I can offer $750 for anyone to send a patch, or in the case of a
> developer with commit access, commit it, for the following:
> - 1af4:1044 VirtIO 1.0 random number generator
> - 1af4:1042 VirtIO 1.0 block device
> - 1af4:1041 VirtIO 1.0 network device
>
> Offer valid until 1 January 2021.

If you would like to emulate this, I have a quick command line (that
works with the pkgsrc qemu on netbsd).

touch myfile
qemu-system-x86_64 \
 -device virtio-net-pci,disable-legacy=on \
 -device virtio-rng,disable-legacy=on \
 -drive id=mydrive,file=./myfile,if=none \
 -device virtio-blk-pci,drive=mydrive,disable-legacy=on \
 -cdrom mynetbsd.iso

This will enable all these devices.