Re: Changing ether_ifattach() and ether_ifdetach() arguments to struct ethercom* ?

Hi Martin,

I've re-read my notes[1] about introduction of ethercom when it
replaced arpcom.

I guess I kept the spirit of the old interface back then. One plus
is that we COULD use it in a more abstract way (e.g. in a function
table), but this isn't how we use it now and we somehow would need
to abstract the second parameter.

So I tend to not object to your proposed change.

I notice, however, that you'd need to touch all ethernet (and, for
symmetry, all FDDI) drivers. This is a lot of code.

Wait, didn't we remove FDDI recently? so, a few less. But we didn't
remove the reference from ethersubr(9).

	-is

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20020623184642/http://ezine.daemonnews.org/199809/underhood.html