Re: patch for am7930 audio

>>> By the way, I'm not so familiar to sparc.
>>> audioamd(4) has many assembly code (though they look very old stuff).
>> [...] I see no assembly code in arch/sparc/dev/audioamd* on 5.2 [...]
> It's in sparc/sparc/amd7930intr.s.

Ah!

Personally, I would be inclined to preserve that.  It handles the
interrupt entirely in the trap window, which, for something that
interrupts frequently, can significantly lessen the impact of the
interrupts on performance.  Isaki-san did not give any indication what
motivated the removal of that assembly (and presumably its replacement
with C), but I would hesitate to do it without, at the very least,
measuring the performance impact of such a change.  Yes, code sharing
is good - other things being equal.  I suspect, though I haven't
measured it either, that "other things" are *not* equal here, that
replacing that assembly code with C (or, more precisely, the associated
potential window spilling) would have a significant impact on
performance at higher sample rates.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign