Re: wait(2) and SIGCHLD

> So does the
> 	because the calling process has asked the system
> 	to discard such status by ignoring the signal SIGCHLD
> mean that explicitly ignoring SIGCHLD is different from ignoring it
> per default?

I wouldn't say it *means* that, exactly, but I do think that this is a
case where SIG_IGN is different from SIG_DFL even when the default
action is to do nothing.

To put it another way, there are two concepts here, both of which are
getting turned into tenses of "ignore" in English.  One is a handler of
SIG_IGN; the other is SIG_DFL with a default action of "do nothing".

The wording in wait(2) is, I believe, talking about only the SIG_IGN
kind of ignoring.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign