Re: Straw proposal: MI kthread vector/fp unit API

Le mar. 23 juin 2020 à 00:14, Eduardo Horvath <eeh%netbsd.org@localhost> a écrit :
> The SPARC has always had a lazy FPU save logic.  The fpstate structure is
> not part of the pcb and is allocated on first use.

No lazy FPU save logic please. It was eradicated from x86 for a reason:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3485131
Same should really be done for SPARC.

Most certainly, we should not add any new interface using lazy FPU
save logic, particularly not for something involving cryptography.

Jaromir