Re: ATI video card not recognized

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 01:26:21PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Is there any hope for adding this? Does the default ATI/AMD Radeon driver
> support this and is this thus just a missing detection in drmkms?

No, the radeon driver does not support this. The amdgpu driver does,
but that isn't ready yet.

There is a table on Wikipedia that shows driver support for AMD cards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:AMD_GPU_features

You can find a list of AMD codenames (and PCI ids...) supported by
the radeon driver here:

src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/include/drm/drm_pciids.h

Basically, the radeon driver does not support cards newer than ~2012
- the "Southern Islands" series. Fortunately, the low-end cards from
this era are good enough for most usage on NetBSD, including 3D and
video at high resolutions, e.g. I had a small HD 6570 and it was
quite good. To fleabay...