Re: pci_mapreg_map and BAR from `Bus space tutorial'

>> [in your driver: extern int mapreg_debug; ... mapreg_debug = 1;]
>> int mapreg_debug = 0;
>> 	if (mapreg_debug) printf("...", ...);

>> It's a horrible thing to do for "permanent" (production) code, but I
>> see nothing at all wrong with it for experimental debugging.

> Thank you so much!  I am not sure now to have figured it out
> correctly, but I can try.  Does this have any relation with setting
> pci_conf_debug to 1 in `src/sys/dev/pci/pciconf.c', which was
> suggested in another reply?

Only in that each turns on PCI debugging code.  The difference is that
with what I sketched, the debugging code it turns on is code you add,
whereas the debugging code pci_conf_debug turns on is code that's
already there (though code you add can of course be controlled by
anything you want, including pci_conf_debug if you choose).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign