Re: pci_mapreg_map and BAR from `Bus space tutorial'

On giu 10 11:50, Martin Husemann wrote:

> so it is PCI_MAPREG_TYPE_MEM ("memory" in the type line), and the mapping
> should just work.

Ok! And I guess that invoking pci_mapreg_type() would give the same
result.

> Does the map address (0x10110000) make sense on that machine?

I really don't know. The manual of MIPS R4000 is available at

 <http://www.cabrillo.edu/~shodges/cs24/files/MIPS_R0400_Users_Manual.pdf>

but not the one of R5000, the processory family which should be used in the
emulated Cobalt machine:

 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_Qube>

Here,

 <https://techpubs.jurassic.nl/manuals/hdwr/developer/DevDrvrO2_PG/sgi_html/ch01.html>

(``an overview of the management of physical and virtual memory in the
MIPS R4x00, R5000, R8000, and R10000 processors'')

the address 0x10110000 belongs to a `user process virtual space, mapped
and cached', both when the processor uses 32 and 64 bit addresses. I
think however that the emulated Cobalt in gxemul uses 32 bit addresses.

Rocky