Re: makesyscalls

On 10.06.2020 01:13, David Holland wrote:
> The question is: do we want the Python version in the tree now

For this, I would say "NO", at least as long Python is out of base and
IMO it shall not be there.

But it is fine to put into othersrc/.

On 10.06.2020 01:13, David Holland wrote:
> Rewriting in C is a possible future step. The code generator I have in
> mind going forward should not be done in Python. But again, more on
> that later.

I would like to have mksyscalls (and at some point makeioctls) much more
flexible and as a tool scriptable. I had to iterate a dozen of times
over all our syscalls in various fuzzers, sanitizers, debuggers, tracers
etc.

Something that is very needed is knowing the full serialized struct
passed as a pointer to each syscall. It's a lot of work to teach the
tool about it, but it could be finally centralized and time saved of
repeatedly teaching all the other programs about this property of syscalls.