detecting userconf disable

Hello,
As part of my Xen HVM work, I'd like to be able to be able to disable Xen
support from userconf to boot as a plain x86 emulated host

The obvious way would be to disable the
hypervisor*     at mainbus?             # Xen hypervisor
device. But, for CPU setup I need to do some Xen setup before attaching the
hypervisor device. And I need CPUs to be set up to attach the hypervisor
device. So I have a xen_hvm_init() function called early.
Is there a way, in this function, to detect if hypervisor has been disabled by
userconf ?