GSoC 2020 - The NetBSD Foundation - Emulating linux timer.. syscalls

Hi,

My name is Humayun Mulla, I am a graduate student pursuing MS in Computer Science from State University of New York, Binghamton. I have a total work experience of 6 years of which 1 year as an Assistant Professor and 5 years in the software industry.
My Github link - https://github.com/HumayunMulla & LinkedIn profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/humayun-mulla-02719727/.

I have taken an Operating System course in the previous semester and I have developed an interest in understanding how things work at such root level in the computer system. As a part of the course I have done different projects which vary from developing a shell that can execute all the commands given to it. In addition to that added some features to the program so that it can do I/O redirection and implemented inter-process communication. Also another assignment involved developing a kernel module that does 5-level page walk and printing the physical address of any given process ID. The last project that I did was to solve producer-consumer problem using a named pipe, i.e. by developing character device driver that can act as an interface between multiple producers & consumers.

I know I am late to approach you but I taught of better to learn to walk first and then run. Therefore I spent the last couple of weeks in understanding and implementing Live VM Migration. And also understanding about how timer system calls work in Linux environment.

I wanted to know if there are any pre-requisite tasks that I need to complete before submission of my application. I am looking forward to work under your mentor-ship on emulating linux timer.. syscalls using my knowledge and your guidance. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thanks & Regards,
Humayun Mulla